Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
I'm on the late side today in getting my WSS out. Hubby has the week off and we are enjoying our vacation mode.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! :) While most are getting ready for tomorrow's feast, I'm getting ready to celebrate my youngest daughter's birthday. We are having our family Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. My daughter, Sierra, was born on Thanksgiving Day.  It was a blessing that year to have her come on the day of thankfulness. She was 15 days late and we were all more then ready for her. It was a memorable day. So I'm excited to celebrate her birthday tomorrow with her.

Over the weekend I watched my grandchildren so Hannah and her hubby could have a night out. I so love spending time with them.

My little grandson playing with an old camera that I let the grandchildren have fun with... 

 

Yesterday was a grocery shopping day. Wow, it was crazy out there as everyone is preparing for Thanksgiving. But, I decided to just take it all in and enjoy the experience. It took longer to get it all done. It's amazing how a good attitude can change a day from frustrating to enjoyable.

Last night, despite the rain, hubby and I decided to have a bbq. The bbq is under the cover of our carport which makes it a bit better. We put on our rain jackets and enjoyed the process. When you live in an area that gets as much rain as we do, you learn to keep living and enjoying life despite it (at least that is my goal! :).

The dinner was simple and delish..  steak, baked potatoes and salad.. .




On My To-Do List
My biggest priority today is to get my house in order. Vacuuming needs to be done, laundry caught up on and meal preps for tomorrow. I also plan on making cranberry sauce today for Sunday's family meal.


Projects I'm Working On
I have basically done zero Christmas shopping. I procrastinate every year and end up feeling like a crazy lady trying to get it all done last minute. So to make the holiday season more enjoyable, I'm going to try and get it all done this week. I'm very thankful for online shopping. :)



Today's Weather
The forecast says, cloudy, showers and mild. It is warmer lately then what is typical.

High, 60 Low, 56



The View from my Deck (or window)
Cloudy and gray, but all that rain has made the grass very green...






What I'm Reading
I'm almost done reading The Great Gatsby and in my Bible reading I'm almost done with Matthew. I'm still reading The Stranger on the Road to Emmaus as my Bible study and continuing to enjoy that a lot.



What I'm Listening To
My hubby doing chores around the house.


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
This is the week to find great deals on turkeys. I think my youngest daughter found the best deal. I had not done my Thanksgiving shopping yet and she called to let me know she had just gotten a turkey for free! She was giving it to me for our family dinner. The store she shopped at was giving away turkeys if you spent a certain amount on groceries. She did her weekly shopping and ended up with a free turkey.


Fitness and Health for the Week
Last week I was able to do my walking workouts 5 out of 7 days! I've been doing Leslie Sansone's dvd's or using her YouTube channel. I hit 10,000 steps for several days as well. I'm loving it and how it makes me feel, both physically and mentally.

My goal in my diet is to eat more plant based foods. So I've been starting my day with lots of fruit and each day have a salad. Last week I made up a quick small pot of lentil soup (did not follow a recipe just winged it) and that was my lunch for several days.


That is all for this week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub