Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
I've had a nice week. I made progress on my fall cleaning and finally got my refrigerator & freezer cleaned out and organized. That inspired me to give the floor a good cleaning and wipe down all the cupboards.

I had a fun day spent with a neighbor/friend and taught her how to make soap. She just wanted me to let her know when I was making soap because she wanted to watch me do it. But I know if you want to learn to do something you learn much better by actually doing it rather then just watching. So I got my little crockpot out and she made a 1lb batch as I was making my 4lb batch. She was happy to be able to have soap to take home and we had fun visiting and doing a project together.


I'm writing this post on Tuesday evening and will be setting it to go out in the morning. I have a very early appointment that is in the city. It normally would take me close to an hour to get where I need to go, but add in rush hour morning traffic it a few different areas it will take longer. My hubby is going with me so we decided to get a very early start.




On My To-Do List
After my appointment we are going to run a few errands and go grocery shopping. We figured we'd just combine everything into one day. So it will be a long day. I doubt I'll be doing a whole lot more when I get home. Dinner will be leftover potato soup that I made last night.



Projects I'm Working On
I'm making slow and steady progress on my fall cleaning. My kitchen is done, my sun room is almost done. The only other area I want to hit is my laundry room/pantry.




Today's Weather
Our weather is really changing now. Nights are getting cooler, more cloudy days and more rain. I think the rainy season may be starting. And for us the rainy season lasts about 8 months.. ha, ha..

Today's High 47 Low 42 and rainy



The View from my Deck (or window)
No picture this week, since I'm posting this the night before




What I'm Reading
I finished reading Daniel and Hosea. I also finished Dracula. What a great book, I'd give it 5 stars for a great story, plot and creativity of the author Bram Stoker. Now to find my next classic book to read (my classic reading year :)



What I'm Listening To
My hubby is listening to some music, the rain falling, the fire crackling.



Something Frugal I've Done This Week
This is something I do often. I think before buying. It's so easy to buy things online. So convenient. But also so easy to buy things that are on impulse. What I do is if I'm searching for something on Amazon I put it in the cart and let it sit there. I may think of a few more things I need and add them over the course of a few days. Then before I go and check out, I look at what I have in the cart and ask myself if I still feel I need to purchase each of the items. Often times I find I don't really need what I thought I needed a few days prior. Just a way of keeping impulse buying in check.



Fitness and Health for the Week
More steps are finally happening for me. I'm not at 10,000 yet, but I'm getting there. My new Fitbit will give me a little buzz every hour to remind me to move and I've started by trying to get more steps in throughout the day. I'm building myself back up and it's going great.


That is all for this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub