Menu Monday!




I hope you had a good Father's Day. Ours was quiet, Sunday is a work day for my hubby. He had phone calls and visits from the kids and that was nice.

I made a nice dinner for him as well. It was not something I had originally planned, but I had everything on hand to make it. I made a pork loin roast, baked beans, macaroni salad and a green salad. I had a couple kids here to help us eat all the food, but still have enough for leftovers tonight.

Today is grocery shopping and running a few errands. It will be nice to just have to reheat dinner in the microwave this evening.

Here what's on my menu for the rest of the week..



Chicken Salad & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
I plan on making a main dish chicken salad with lots of yummy greens and veggies. I'll marinate chicken breasts or thighs before grilling them for the salad.


Shrimp Scampi
It's a quick and easy meal to put together. I sautee garlic in butter and add a little lemon juice and my shrimp and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Optionally I can add a little white wine and red pepper flakes if I'm in the mood. :) Toss it all with angel hair pasta and serve broccoli on the side.


Tacos
I'm feeling the need for something more creative then just typical hamburger tacos. When I came across THIS recipe, I knew it was what I was looking for. So, I'll give it a try this week and see what we think.


That should do it for us for the week, as I should have plenty of leftovers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub